Specialties and fields of students education
Department of Information Security of Telecommunication Systems take students for study in the following specialties and fields of study for educational standards new generation:
- 090302 "Information Security of Telecommunication Systems", specialization "Development of secure communication systems" - specialty, full-time education, study period - 5,5 years;
- 090900 "Information Security", profile "Security of Telecommunication Systems" - bachelor, full-time education, study period - 4 years;
- 210700 "Infocommunication technologies and communication system" - bachelor, unseparated short form of education, study period - 3,5 years.
By 2011 the department of radio-electronic means of protection and service took students for the following specialties and fields of study for educational standards previous generation:
- 090106 "Information Security of Telecommunication Systems" - an expert on data protection, full-time education, study period - 5,5 years;
- 210403 "Secure communications" - Engineer, full-time (study period - 5 years), unseparated standard (study period - 6 years) and short (study period - 3,5 years) the forms of study;
- 210400 "Telecommunications" - bachelor of engineering and technology (study period - 4 years), master of engineering and technology (study period 4+2 years), full-time education.
The objects of professional activity of graduates are methods, tools and information security management system of telecommunication systems, process systems, technical means to ensure the creation, transmission, reception and processing of signals by wire, radio, optical or other data transmission systems.
Graduates find work in law enforcement agencies, the banking sector, enterprises and telecommunications. Attractive information for the specialty and commercial entities involved in the protection of information in business. In addition, graduates can work in research institutes and enterprises engaged in the creation of instruments for the protection of telecommunications systems and communications, may continue their education in graduate school.
One of the main directions of scientific activity is the support of research and development of specific technical and hardware-software means of protection and information processing in telecommunication systems, development of a model of information security systems, telecommunications, construction and analysis of secure systems and networks, information transfer, making information on a comprehensive review to ensure information security of telecommunication systems, conduct research to locate and select the most appropriate practical solutions for data protection in telecommunication systems.
Department ISTS leads study programs at different levels: bachelors, specialty, masters, and also provides an opportunity to continue their education in graduate school the following specialties 05.12.04 "Radiotechnics, including TV systems and TV devices" and 05.12.13 "Systems, networks and telecommunications devices".